The Advisory Committee is charged with providing ongoing advice and counsel to the Institute on matters related to:
- Needs and strategies for increasing collaboration within and among schools and districts around personalized learning
- Collection of data to better understand and document the impacts of personalized learning
- Strategies and methods for communicating the work of personalized learning to local communities and audiences, regional and state opinion leaders and national audiences
- Sounding board for new projects the Institute may undertake
- General support needs of schools and districts within the network, including staff development
The committee is comprised of a representative mix of staff from member districts including superintendents, other administrators, principals, teacher leaders and classroom teachers and meets 2 – 4 times throughout the year.